This blog is now continued at http://blog.larrybodine.com
It's a fabulous LexBlog blog, built by the talented designers and engineers of LexBlog Inc., http://www.lexblog.com. Built on a Moveable Type system, the blog gives me many expanded features, better than Typepad:
- Custom graphic design to match my website, www.LarryBodine.com.
- A URL that reflects my website, as opposed to the impossible-to-remember 48-character Typepad address.
- A built in search engine that finds keywords in all 500 posts going back to April 2004.
- Seven customized feeds to subscribe to the blog, as opposed to the cryptic Typepad "Subscribe to this blog's feed."
- Visitors can get email notices when a new post is uploaded, and can subscribe by email.
- A print-friendly display -- just press the "print" button in your browser and the text comes out beautifully, without cutting off the right edge.
- A back-end admin screen where I can search prior posts, trackbacks and comments; open a power-editing screen to quickly assign hundreds of posts into categories in a few minutes; filter out unpublished entries; and assign multiple categories to a post.
- Subscribe to other blogs with a built-in newsreader.
- Paste directly from Word, and filter out all the proprietary Microsoft code that screws up the formatting.
- And most importantly, reach a live human by telephone for customer support!